Spot Removal Tips
Whether they are dribbles or disasters, food and beverage stains are part of everybody's life. Before the next one happens to you, read the tips and suggestions we have compiled for you here and get some Chem-Dry professional home care products to wipe that stain clean when it inevitably happens. If your carpet has been treated with Chem-Dry's Protectant, then you already have a huge advantage in removing stains.
Stain Removal Tips
- Act Quickly - The longer the stain is allowed to remain, the more chance it has to set.
- Know what kind of stain you are working on as well as the type of fabric or surface it is on so you can choose the best product. View the list below to see which product to use for water or oil based spots.
- Remove as much excess stain as you can by blotting, scraping or brushing whatever will come off. DO NOT rub it in.
- Test all fabrics and carpets before cleaning by spraying a small amount of Chem-Dry Professional Strength Spot Remover or Chem-Dry Grease & Oil Remover on a hidden area, blot dry and observe for 10 minutes. Make sure there is not carpet color removal onto the cloth and that, when dry, there is not a visible discoloration in the area you cleaned.
- Work from the outside edge of the stain to the inside to keep the stain from spreading.
- Call Chem-Dry for expert spot & stain removal if these efforts do not work.
- Have a Chem-Dry Professional apply our Powerguard Protector with every cleaning to give you the best chance for removing stains.
|Chem-Dry Professional Strength Spot Remover or Stain Extinguisher||Chem-Dry |
Grease & Oil Remover
|*Acne Med||*Dye||Liquor||Adhesive Tape||Hand Lotion||Oil|
|Beer||Excrement||Soft Drinks||Butter||Lamp Oil||Paint|
|*Beetroot||*Food Coloring||*Soy Sauce||Candy||Linseed Oil||Playdough|
|Blood||Garden Soil||Starch||Cooking Oil||Lotion||Rubber Cement|
|Butter||Glue (wet)||*Tea||Crayon||Machine Oil||Shoe Polish|
|Cheese||Grout (wet)||*Urine||*Furniture Polish||Marker||Tar|
|Chocolate||Ice Cream||*Vomit||Glue||Mascara||Tree Sap|
|*Cough Syrup||Lard||Gum||Metal Polish|
|*Curry||Latex Paint (wet)||Hair Oil||*Nail Polish|